January 20, 2008

Productive

It's been a very productive knitting weekend for me and oh shopping too :o)

I went back to Knit This, Purl That! on my lunch break Friday. I found a pattern for a scarf to use with the Karabella yarn but I needed to purchase two more balls of it. I also picked up another malabrigo :o) and one of the things I wanted to look for at Stitches West was Cascade 220 for my big bag I want to make. I did the math and the Cascade 220 at the store was pretty inexpensive and since I needed 8-10 skeins that was probably the best place to get it. So I went back :o) I also managed to get Cindy, Jeanette, Amy & Olivia over there on Saturday for their own shopping....hee, hee.


Cascade 220 for the French Bag from Knitty

I worked on my scarf a little yesterday before my hubby's b-day party and today I haven't done anything on it but I may do a few rows before bed time. I did manage to finish Daisy's Hoodie Sweater though, she hates it :o( and lucky for her it will probably go to one of her chihuahua cousins because although the measurements are right for her it came out small, probably due to my tight knitting. Her cousins are super duper tiny and skinny so I'm sure it'll fit one of them. She looked cute in it though and allowed me to take a quick picture of her.


I also started and finished a ribbed hat for Rocky. Man, I'm getting good and fast at these hats. This may have to be my specialty :o) I had originally wanted to make Rocky a Brangelina hat with the Malabrigo Chunky in Olive but I made the mistake of only buying one skein and it wasn't enough. Today I knit him a 2x2 ribbed hat in that yarn and guess what? It was plenty of yarn and I even have half the ball left :o( what? how'd that work out? I dunno, kind of frustrating. Oh well, he likes the hat. It turned out nice.


My goal this week is to continue on my scarf and then hopefully start the French Bag next week with the new Cascade 220 I bought. I'm excited about making this bag, we shall see how it turns out.

No comments: