January 07, 2008

Chunky Cable Beanie #2

I finished another Chunky Cable beanie for my hubby. I really liked the yarn and how the pattern turned out with the color of the yarn although it did turned out a little smaller. It still fits him and he really likes it but I think I should have maybe done another cable or two before starting the decrease.





I also found a new pattern for a scarf that I liked so I started that last night. Hubby and I took a trip to Article Pract to find some yarn because of ALL the yarn I have I wasn't liking any for the scarf. I was thinking of going with Malabrigo because it's so soft. The pattern used Manos de Uruguay which I've used before but it's way to itch for a scarf. After looking around the store for a while I found some new yarn, new to me, that I loved and bought that. It's Araucania - Aysen, it's Alpaca, Silk & Merino Wool and it's very soft and I love it.





This scarf required me to do a few stitches I had never done before so I went online and found some great video's from Knit Witch on YouTube that really helped me out. I decided to cast on and try it out and see how I did. I got how to do it but for some reason the scarf wasn't looking like it was suppose to so I decided to FROG it and restart and then I FROGGED again :o( I decided to put it down and try again tonight. I looked at the pattern again this morning and realized I was making one small mistake...OOPS. Now that I've figured that out I'm hoping that it'll look the way it's suppose to. I'm looking forward to going home and getting it started.

The scarf is called, My So Called Scarf, and here is what it should look like when I'm done with it.


No comments: