January 05, 2008

Knitting Bug

The knitting bug is back full force :o) For some reason my knitting motivation was way down in the dumps and I had taken a long break. I know part of it is the frustration of my hands hurting and part of it was just being plain lazy. When we went to New York our friend Petra told us about a website, Ravelry, where you can catolog your projects, stash and books. You can also find patterns and join all sorts of groups. This is only a few of the things you can do and you can just go on there and look you have to be a memeber which took about a month because so many people want to sign up. I finally got my email to join and OMG, I LOVE IT. I think that's what has totally motivated me to start knitting again and I'm loving it, hands still hurt but oh well :o( I'll deal with that later.

I have already finished a Chunky Cable Beanie for my hubby and I'm currently knitting him a second one. I am also about 50% done with a sweater for Miss Daisy, our chihuahua/yorkie. The hubby and I also hit the yarn shops today and I picked up a new pattern for a fun weekend bag but I won't start that til after I go to Stitches West since I need about 9 to 10 skeins of yarn so I'm hoping to get a good deal on yarn at the show. I also hoping the girls and I can get together a little more this year for out Stitch--n-Bitch, it motivates me to see what everyone else is doing.

Oh and hubby has picked up his crotching again :o)


Chunky Cable Beanie


Daisy's Hoodie Sweater (50% complete)

Yarn for 2nd Chunky Cable Beanie

No comments: