February 13, 2008

A new find

Well it's not really new but it's new to me. Amy wrote about it and I apparently wasn't paying attention :o(

Last night I stopped by Michael's to pick up some yarn for my French Girl Hat I finished over the weekend (I'll post pictures tomorrow). I don't shop at Michael's for yarn anymore especially since I'm addicted to stuff like Malabrigo but last night I found, Patons SWS. It's soft, they've got great colors and it is not expensive at all. I really liked it so I bought 2 balls of it to try it out. Amy said that for a scarf I probably need 3 balls so I'll be heading back over there to purchase another ball and hopefully uh, nothing else :o)


I also picked up some Patons Pooch for a scarf for Lindsay. A few weeks ago she had seen one of my scarves and asked me to make her one. I went in search of the yarn, it was some cheap stuff I had picked up at Richard's but they don't carry yarn anymore :o( Anyway, while at Michael's I tried to find some it and found the Patons Pooch instead. It's pink and soft :o) I'm sure she'll like it. I used size 17 needles so I was done in an hour with it. Wish I was that fast knitting other stuff :o(



Still working on my shawl and my so called scarf. I hope to be done very very soon with both of those. I keep getting ADD and making hats in between working on the shawl and the scarf. I just get bored after a while and need a change in pattern so hats work well and I can finish them quickly.


I'll post pictures of my recent stuff tomorrow.

No comments: