March 27, 2007

Bell Hat #2

WOOHOO my 2nd Bell Hat is complete. Last Wednesday we had an emergency Stitch-n-Bitch session at Amy's house to work on the "secret project" and while we were there Ms. Amy was kind enough to felt my Bell Hat I finally finished knitting. I used different yarn this time so I wasn't sure how it was going to felt. It took a few more washes than my first Bell Hat which was knit with Cascade 220 but eventually it got there. UMMMM, but why did my hat weigh like 15lbs. I know it was pretty soaked but even a few days later while it was still drying it felt super heavy. I know the Iceland Crystal Palace yarn is a thicker wool but holy smokes I didn't realize how heavy it would make my hat. This would be perfect yarn to use for a nice sturdy purse. I tried it out last night and it's much much lighter but still heavier than my hat knit with Cascade 220. Very Very interesting. I do like it though and the colors came out super cute.


No comments: